This marks day 3 of the 7-day journaling series, and we are thinking about the energy of the solar plexus: where your independence, power, and self-esteem are cultivated. … Write on each prompt for as long as it feels comfortable, and then move on to the next one. If there are prompts that don’t feel pleasing to you, feel free to skip them; but I would recommend returning to them at a later date because it is likely that those prompts that are most unappealing are the ones that you need to interact with the most.
* What makes you uniquely you?
* Describe your first memory of achievement. Describe the sights, sounds, and smells. Describe the feelings that you have attached to that memory.
* What are your current goals? Have you had these same goals for a long time? What goals have you successfully achieved in the past year.
* Describe a time when someone made you feel small. What did they say or do? Do you still carry hurt from that incident? How does that incident affect who you are today?
* When you were growing up, did your family say/do things that damaged your self-esteem? Or, were they positive and encouraging? How does that influence your life now?
* How do you handle criticism?
* In what areas of your life do you wish you were more independent? What prevents you from being independent in those areas?
* What achievements do you hope to make in the next 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
* Finish this sentence. I am strong when… (List as many things as you can think of).
* If you were to make changes in your life that would leave you feeling more confident, what would those changes be? How easy/difficult would those changes be? What barriers do you have that prevent you from making those changes?
I will be sharing some of my own Solar Plexus Journaling excerpts here over the next few days. Please share some of your writing too! Also, I would love to hear of any realizations or epiphanies that come as you’re writing.